AustralianLight - Landscape Photography AustralianLight - Landscape Photography

AustralianLight - Landscape Photography is my new site with my good mate Bernie. If you have found my blog posts useful over the years, then how about giving us a hand to promote AustralianLight.

We are doing everything we can to get our australian landscape photography out there and guess what..... it's bloody hard work!! So please visit the gallery and if you like what see, share it with your friends.

Thanks, we really do appreciate your help. - Russell

Wednesday 9 May 2007

Introduction: Why a photography blog?

Why a blog? ...to be honest I don't know. Someone told me that I need one and that it could be used as way to pass on info about my photography techniques and images.

Well I am not sure if that's the case, but I guess we will see what develops (yes that pun was intended lol)

So I guess I should introduce myself.... my name is Russell Stewart, I live in Australia and I have been taking photographs commercially since 1980. I have qualifications in photography and absolutely nothing else, so I would be totally buggered if I ever needed a real job again and could not shoot. :-)

Since about '98 I have done only limited commercial work (by choice) and have mainly shot for my own enjoyment. I shoot anything.... if it stands still I shoot it! ....if it moves I use a motor drive! (Oh no... more sick photography jokes! ...this is your chance to leave, I won't be offended, as I know my jokes are bad)

My images can be found at http://www.pixelpix.com.au/gallery If you feel that you would like to check them out, please drop by. I would be more than happy to answer any questions about my work and if there is anything that I "may" know that will help your photography, then it's here for the asking.

If you are an Aussie, please drop by my competition web site http://www.potd.com.au ...here you can enter competitions, upload photos, discuss photography and even get together with other photographers for a days shooting. It a great community of friendly, helpful people, but I must stress that it is for Australian Residents ONLY!

Cheers

Rusty
Australian Digital Photo Of The Day: http://www.potd.com.au


Photography help for beginners - Film & Digital Camera Techniques - Post Processing - Photography tips and tricks.



6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging Russ, look forward to reading your slant on all things "photographical' inclined.

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to keeping an eye on your tips Russell.

    Cheers Coops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your willingness to share your knowledge and experience is very appreciated by amateurs like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Russ, thanks for starting to share your tips and tricks. Blogging is a great way to spread the knowledge of your work across the world. There are a few tips and tricks that you'll pickup along they way, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Russ,

    I viewed a number of pictures on your link at
    http://www.pixelpix.com.au/gallery
    and must say that your photos
    have such wonderful composition
    and are both creative and stunning.

    I put a blog up two days ago with some photos I've taken, though I am certainly no professional like
    yourself. I was wondering if you might sneak a peak at http://dbedard.blogspot.com and let me know what you think or what i could do digitally, to enhance a
    particular shot.

    Sincerely,
    Dave

    p.s. I must also add that your sense of humor is much like that of my fathers' and is much appreciated. Since you brought up "developes", my question for you is: wthat did the princess say after she sent in her film to
    be developed? she said, someday my prints will come. (so you wouldn't stop reading is my reason for putting that joke at the end)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your blog so much that I'm going to make your blog one of my blog's links.

    Great mater here.

    -db

    ReplyDelete